Van Beek Natural Science is a proud leader of effective, all-natural alternatives that promote optimal animal nutrition, wellness, and performance. We are seeking a Cost Accountant / Purchaser to work with our teams locally, and with our sister sites virtually in Idaho and Michigan.
This position is responsible for purchasing ingredients, packaging, supplies and other items needed by the company. Build relationships and administer the procurement and distribution of items based on negotiated prices. In this position, you will also be responsible for collecting, and evaluating data from internal and external sources on products, costs, product markets, labor, and overhead to assist in providing pricing recommendations, quotes, and margins.
- Monitor inventory levels, proactively work on setting and maintaining reorder points.
- Place POs for raw materials, packaging materials, labels, office supplies and other materials.
- Work on order confirmation and follow-up.
- Assist Compliance on supplier approvals.
- Maintain an up-to-date ERP system
- Review customer pricing for new and existing accounts and maintain pricing lists and a pricing structure for contracts and job quotes.
- Review vendor costs, raw material fluctuations, exchange rates and freight costs to accurately define landed costs for vendor reviews.
- Develop and maintain standard pricing models and perform cost and financial analysis of data.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred and minimum of 2 years cost accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to prioritize and adhere to deadlines. Also, the ability to take ownership and accountability for your work.
- Experience with feed management systems a plus.