Executive Administrative Assistant
Van Beek solves animal health problems through innovative, effective and natural solutions. Whether it be for livestock herd health, or for companion animals such as dogs, cats, and horses, it is Van Beek’s mission to address the health needs of these animals with products that are highly originative made - from the best available ingredients from around the world.
Van Beek is a family business which values each family that makes-up our community. We care about our neighbors so that we can be focused on our mission of animal health.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Executive Administrative Assistant to join our growing organization. This focus of this role is working closely with the President and Vice President of Van Beek companies, assisting in day-to-day business support. The ideal candidate for the role of Executive Administrative Assistant will be an individual who is an excellent communicator, possesses superior organization/prioritization skills, and is highly skilled with business administration competencies.
Executive Administrative Assistant job duties will include:
Responsibilities and Duties
* Possesses intimate knowledge and capability in the use of QuickBooks.
* Offer accounting support to the Executive Office:
* Facilitate Executive Office orders
* Receive, process, file invoices
* Manage customer AP and AR
* Manage accounting deadlines
* Offer forecast and budget reporting
* Collecting and cataloguing documents such as: tax, land, personal, etc.
* Assists accounting as needed with corporate invoicing or customer service
* Use exemplary customer service skills with customers by handling questions, requests, concerns and providing prompt communication to executives and customers.
* Assists Executive Office with meetings/presentations:
* Create or edit Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
* Gather marketing information for event (pamphlets, samples, etc)
* Preparing agenda information
* Transcribing, cataloguing, disbursing event notes
* Providing follow-up, reminders as needed
* Manage the Executive Office daily/weekly calendars to include: meetings, appointments, and updating events.
* Collaborate with the travel center to complete travel plans, to include: flight, hotel, car rental, and other details.
* Assists marketing with coordinating company annual and summer meetings.
* Produce correspondence and response letters by formatting and editing text.
* Act as personal assistant as needed by: running errands, completing purchases, stuffing client holiday boxes, etc.
The ideal Executive Administrative Assistant candidate will possess:
* Associates degree in Accounting or Business Administration
* 5 years’ experience in administrative support.
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, with computer files to access information easily.
* Strong ability to prioritize meet deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are a necessity.
* Excellent working knowledge of MS Office-Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, calendars, mail-merge.
* Must excel in math and quick books.
* Ability to interact with customers, peer employees, and senior executive contacts on a daily basis.
* Manage ad hoc projects, researching based on needs, presenting ideas and executing decisions.
* Think strategically, resourcefully and efficiently in collaboration with the company founder and VP.
* Able to navigate change and adapt with flexibility.
* Able to maintain highly confidential information a must.
Van Beek companies comprehensive benefits package includes: health; dental; PTO; paid holidays; company-paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability; and matching 401(k) plan.
Van Beek Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
If this full-time Executive Administrative Assistant position is a perfect fit for you – then make a move to an incredible team that provides a great team environment, competitive wages, and an attractive benefits package. Apply today!
We also encourage you to apply online at: www.vanbeeknaturalscience.com.
Job: Executive Administrative Assistant
Primary Location: Executive Office, IA – Orange City
Organization: Van Beek Companies
Number of Openings: 1
Work Days: M-F
About us: We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.