Seasonal Key Account Sales Specialist
The Key Account Sales Specialist is a consultative salesperson whose job is to help key clients identify and solve problems while building long-term partnerships that lead to mutual growth and success. Reporting to the Executive Team, this role will work collaboratively with internal and external business partners to maximize sales workflows. The salesperson generates revenue by developing market potential through lead generation, qualification, and closing sales. This position’s primary duty is to manage sales leads, and secure sales goals.
1. Vertical Xchange Key Account Sales
a. Attend the Xchange events, take specific notes, and gather customer interest in Van Beek products and services.
b. Follow up with hot leads from the Xchange and turn them into clients.
c. Communicate via phone to reach senior level decision makers; engage in consultative discussions to coordinate and close sales.
2. Large Animal Current Sales Coordinator
a. Visit potential and current dairy clients to establish or grow the Van Beek product lines at their operation.
b. Sell products in the dairy, beef, and pork lines.
c. Become a technical expert on all products in the dairy, beef, and pork lines.
d. Address livestock nutrient/supplement plans and educate clients with solutions.
e. Attend distribution sales meetings when needed.
f. Increase sales as determined by direct supervisor each quarter by turning relationships with distribution into action of selling our products.
g. Establish high level contacts with each distributor company.
h. Confirm the representative of the client choice can handle the orders of the client.
3. Miscellaneous Duties
a. Update the CRM with current distribution contacts and all information as it is received.
b. Coordinate with the Sales and Marketing Assistant to ensure possession of the most up to date rosters and information for distribution and current events.
4. Other Duties
a. This position shall support its manager and shall ensure that all department members are cross trained on the position responsibilities.
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years’ experience in direct sales or customer operations is required.
- Associate degree in business or animal health field preferred
- Ability to read the audience and situation and communicate effectively. Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Capacity to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Communicate professionally, refrain from foul and inappropriate language.
Other Skills & Abilities
1. Motivation for sales and sales planning
2. Ability to close
3. Client management and prospecting skills
4. Attention to detail
5. Interpersonal and organizational skills
6. Basic computer and keyboarding skills
7. Familiar with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook
8. Be a team player
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Required to sit and use computer, handle paperwork, also to stand and use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, tools and/or controls, likewise reach with arms and hands. The employee is also, at times, exposed to fumes and or airborne particulates.