Quality & Compliance Specialist
Van Beek Natural Science
We are seeking an organized and experienced individual to join our company as the Quality Assurance & Compliance Specialist.
Van Beek Natural Science is a proud leader of effective, all-natural alternatives that promote optimal animal nutrition, wellness, and performance. With more than 30 patents, our team is committed to providing structured processes that ensure quality products. We are a Preferred Supplier and members of the prestigious National Animal Supplement Council.
The Quality Assurance & Compliance Specialist oversees the Total Quality Management System, regulatory compliance, and certification programs for all Van Beek Companies.
- Assist in the development, implementation and operation of the companies’ Total Quality Management System.
- Assist all quality related activities including quality control inspections and audits.
- Oversee certification and renewals for Safe Feed / Safe Food, NASC, OMRI and any other certifications.
- Establish and maintain procedures, work instructions and other forms and records as needed to meet the quality system requirements.
- Regulations with the USDA, FDA, and EPA and also safety regulations with OSHA and MSHA.
- Oversee regulatory compliance requirements of all companies.
- Confirm safety training is taking place and proper documents are kept and shared as required by law.
- Responsible for registering products in states where they are sold and complete tonnage and sales reports as required by states.
- Provide direction and interpretation of regulatory intelligence and benchmarking information.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or equivalent with experience in the animal health field preferred.
Minimum 3 years of industry regulatory affairs and/or quality assurance experience required.
- Personal computer knowledge in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Oral and written communication
- Proven data collection, management and analysis.
- Understanding of Total Quality Management
- Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to train, teach, and motivate