Van Beek Nutrition- ProductionAssociate/TruckDriver
Van Beek Nutrition
Reports to: Mill Manager
The Production Associate/Truck Driver is responsible for manufacturing high quality, consistent mineral mixes, as well as delivering and picking up finished products and ingredients with a Class B CDL. The below responsibilities should all lead to the success of the primary mission of our company, which is to enhance herd health and production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Truck Driver
a. Load and unload trucks
b. Deliver and pick-up finished products and ingredients
c. Practice time management for on-time deliveries and follow all safety requirements.
2. Manufacture Mineral Mixes
a. Manufacture mineral mixes and premixes in a timely, accurate, and consistent manner according to parameters set by the Mill Manager
b. Bag mixes to their required weight and follow all regulations.
3. Facility Efficiency
a. Maintain upkeep of the facility through cleaning, preventative maintenance, mowing, snow removal, and record keeping.
4. 5% Other Responsibilities
a. This position shall support its manager and shall ensure that all department members are cross trained on the position responsibilities.
Job Requirements and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working in a mineral productions plant is preferred but not required.
- Communication and Language Skills
- Maintains professionalism in the way one communicates, refraining from foul language, and inappropriate language.
Other Skills and Abilities
1. Class B CDL
2. Basic computer and mathematical skill
3. Ability to operate a forklift or willingness to be trained
4. Interpersonal and organizational skills
5. Be a team player
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Required to sit and use computer, handle paperwork, also to stand and use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, tools and/or controls, likewise reach with arms and hands. The employee is also, at times, exposed to fumes and or airborne particulates.